ELDERLY AND DISABLED WAIVER
The Medicaid Waiver for the Elderly and Disabled (E&D Waiver) Program is designed to provide services to seniors and persons with disabilities whose needs would otherwise require them to live in a nursing home. Our goal is for clients to retain their independence by providing services that allow them to live safely in their own homes for as long as it is appropriate.
- You must be on full Medicaid and/or disabled with income not greater than 300% of the SSI limit.
- You must be disabled enough to qualify for a nursing facility level of care, your doctor will make this decision.
Services May Include:
- Homemaker Services – someone to help with cleaning your home, doing the laundry, cooking meals, and helping you manage your household.
- Personal Care – someone to help you bathe, shampoo, shave, get dressed, and go to the toilet.
- Respite Care – someone to stay with you while your family members are away on errands.
- Case Management – a social worker to work with you, help you decide what services are needed, and handle problems as they occur. He/She will inform you about all of the resources available to keep you independent and safe at home.
- Companion Services – someone to provide support and supervision while family is unavailable.
- Adult Day Health Care – a center that provides activities, meals, and friendships for those who would like to spend their days out of the house. A person may choose to go every weekday or just a few days a week.
- Nutrition and Meals Program – this program is designed to provide at least one nutritious meal to the client per day.