TECHNOLOGY ASSISTED (TA) WAIVER
The Alabama Technology Assisted (TA) Waiver is designed for individuals over 21 who have had a tracheostomy or who are ventilator dependent and require skilled nursing services. The TA Waiver will allow Medicaid-approved participants’ continuation of Private Duty Nursing services in an effort to allow the participant to remain at home.
People age 21 and above
- Individuals receiving SSI
- SSI related protected groups deemed to be eligible for SSI / Medicaid
- Special Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver disabled individuals whose income is not greater than 300% of the SSI Federal Benefit Rate
Services May Include:
- Private Duty Nursing: This service may be approved for up to 12 hours per day. Clients may request additional hours which must be approved by the Medicaid Agency and must be medically necessary.
- Personal Care/Attendant Services
- Medical Supplies: Supplies are limited to $1800 per client, per waiver year. Clients may request supplies above this amount which must be approved by the Medicaid Agency and must be medically necessary.
- Assistive Technology: This service is $20,000. Clients may request an additional amount above $20,000 which must be approved by the Medicaid Agency and must be medically necessary.
- Targeted Case Management is a service that is provided to all TA waiver clients and is a covered service under Medicaid’s State Plan.
For more information or to sign up, call 1-800-AGE-LINE (1-800-243-5463) or email info@EastAlabamaAging.org.
If you would like to view or print the Medicaid Waiver intake form, click here.